When our child began seizing, we felt like our world was ending. But the journey of a lifetime was beginning.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

1-year Post-Surgery Update

Last week, we returned to the Cleveland Clinic for John's one-year evaluation post-surgery. After a whole year with no seizures and a perfectly normal EEG, Dr. Kotagal officially declared John seizure free and gave us the go-ahead to slowly take him off of Phenobarbital and replace it with another, less developmentally harmful anti-epileptic drug. John has been developing so well since the surgery even while he has been on Phenobarbital, I can't wait to see how he does without it! Thank you once again, Cleveland Clinic, for giving our child a wonderful new life!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news...oh my goodness...I can't be happier. I am so glad his EEG was NORMAL. This is exciting news for John...I hope the med change will go well!!! YEA!!!! I am so ECSTATIC for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said: That was such a wonderful moment, when the neurologist said that little John's EEG was normal! I will always remember how little John and I played Ring-around-the-Rosie for his surgeon to enjoy--how little John marched joyfully "around the Rosie" while beaming up a glorious smile at Dr. Bingaman!!! Is there any thanks better than that for a surgeon? Don't think so. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish everybody could see how much fun I (Grandma) had showing the doctors how John had progressed by playing Ring-around-the-Rosie with John. He marched around the circle, and when he came into view of Dr. Bingaman, John beamed his most radiant smile at him!!! What a joy.

    ReplyDelete